Wednesday 31 December 2008

Area 1 - Health and Fitness


Ok, so the first area of my life which needs a bit of a kick-start is my health. Back in October I took part in a London-based programme called Sweat in the City. I basically got a three month gym membership free and just had to feed back to the organisers on what I did and didn't enjoy.


I really got a lot out of the programme but towards the end I fell off the wagon, slipped out of my routine and never went again! (Ooops!). However, exercising more seems to have kickstarted my metabolism which, if I'm scientifically correct, means that I have to exercise more to avoid piling on the pounds. And I'm now noticing that my jeans are a little on the tight side - no it's not just the post-Christmas bulge either!


I know that I wouldn't be able to maintain a gym membership so I'm not about to waste my precious pennies signing up. However, I've decided to start running again. I won't put any grand targets and plans down because I suffer greatly from the guilt factor if I slip up. So I'm hoping if I go little and often that I will just slip into a natural routine that will amount to three times a week on average...... good plan? We'll see, I'll be logging everything on here so you can check on my progress (and give me a kick up the bum when needed!).


So now, to dig out my dusty trainers!
Goals
- To go running at least once a week, never feeling guilty if I miss a session but starting small and working up from there.
- To keep reading magazines like Zest and Health and Fitness, keeping the topic at the forefront of my mind and so beng healthier simply by 'osmosis' - it works, seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment