Tuesday 11 August 2009

Gormet Cooking


Well, as you can see I've been busy in the kitchen again! And guess what, I cooked this one totally from scratch! (that's why I'm showing it to you, there's no skill involved in pouring sauce from a jar!).

I made this, sweet and sour pork, last week after buying BBC Good Food magazine on a whim. I've never followed a recipe before for a main course - baking recipes yes, but not dinner. Dinner comes from jars right?!

And it was surprisingly easy to do. The only slight hiccup was me walking around the supermarket thinking "What the hec does soy look like and where will I find it?". I came to the conclusion that seeing as Morrisons doesn't have a health food section and tofu isn't easy to find either, they must not stock soy. I figured that seeing as the recipe only required a teaspoon of the stuff that it can't be that important anyway.

The finished result was indeed delicious - tasted just like the shop bought stuff only less orange, which equals less MSG so I'm told.

The recipe can be found here. And now that I've seen their website I think it's safe to say that I won't be buying the mag again, as there's so many recipes online!

And just thought you might like to see the flowers I bought last week in a moment of crazy domesticity. They're still looking pretty good over a week later so turned out to be a good buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment