Wednesday 5 August 2009

The rise of the domestic Goddess!

On Saturday I had the most domestic of days. I spent the whole morning cleaning the house in preparation for our first proper house-guest. (We have Jon's brother satying with us for a week or so). I even mopped the floors and polished all the window sills. This took most of the day, except for an hour when I was trapped in the living room waiting for the floors to dry... don't worry I had a magazine.

Then at 3pm I had the sudden urge to bake so I dug out the cook books that are normally just for display purposes only. Tana Ramsay came up trumps with a recipe for brownies. I dashed out to the supermarket so that I'd be back in time for Steve's arrival.

Ok, so I did have to call my mum twice whilst I was there - first to check that cream cheese was the same as soft cheese, second to check whether it mattered if you used normal chocolate instead of cooking chocolate (does it matter?! It's all chocolate!). I even grabbed a bunch of fresh flowers on the way out because they were so bright and beautiful! I don't have pictures of that though, sorry.

So I made the brownies - the swirlyness is as a result of a layer of white chocolate that you swirl around. Yummy yummy yummy! Part of me wishes that I had styled up the photograph with a freshly cut piece and some melting ice cream in a pretty bowl, but unfortunately I didn't think of that and now they're all gone (they didn't stick around for long, I can tell you!).


So yes, the most domesticated of days...

Next time I will fill you in on some new fitness gear that I've bought! (Just need to use it now!).

No comments:

Post a Comment