Monday 21 November 2011

3 of the best Organising Blogs

As I said in my previous post, I've recently felt an intense desire to get my house in order. So much has happened over the past few months and so much is about to change, I think it's probably down to a need to feel more in control. My normally super efficient self is floundering under the pressure so I'm having to utilise more tools in order to make sense of it all!

If you asked anyone at my publishing company, they would tell you I was Miss Organisation herself. I have lists, spreadsheets and systems for everything. If you saw my home, it's quite a different story! But I do enjoy organising. I do enjoy creating systems and making everything 'just so'. So much so, that I enjoy reading about other people's systems and adapting them to my life too! Here's my top three organising blogs at the moment:

This blog combines the seemingly mundane with the pretty to make organising seem like the most fun. Everything is geared towards making the home a more efficient and organised place, seriously, this lady has systems for everything! I also love her interiors ideas, making organising solutions a practical and natural part of your decor. Jen designs the cutest printables (many of which I use myself) so that you can adopt her systems too. Plenty of them are free, or you can purchase customised versions and packs from her shop.

Although this blog hasn't been updated in a while, it's still definitely worth a look purely because of the amount of resource that remains on the site. Whether you want to kick into action Laura's 52 week challenge or you want to get in on Menu Planning Monday, there's sure to be something that you'll find useful and inspiring. As soon as I move into my new flat and we adopt a few new routines with new shopping habits, I'm intending on getting involved in menu planning. There's also a good few printables here that will help you put your plans into action!

Tip Junkie is vast and covers tips for everything you could possibly need in life. But if it's organising you're after, check out the 'Organize' section. This site will mainly direct you to anywhere on the web that has cool organising ideas and printables so it's a great way to find new blogs and friends. Check out Tip Junkie Printables as well for plenty of list-making candy!

Also of note:
I only stumbled upon The Nest Effect the other day but I fully intend on having a proper browse. Love the design. Love the organising and love the crafts. This is a girl after my own heart!
Evernote. Ever found yourself scribbling important bits of information in various different places? Got 10 notebooks for 10 different areas of life, plus a mixture of digital reminders and favourite websites saved between work and home? Never fear! I use Evernote to keep everything in one place. I can log in from work or home and it also synchs with my android phone so wherever I am, I can make a note and come back to it. If I find a website I love, I clip it to my account, or if I want to write a blog post on the move, I write it in Evernote so that I can come back to it on my home computer later. This tool, is seriously a lifesaver!

So, there you have it, five sites that I use and read on a regular basis to keep organised (and to gawp at cute things!).

(Just so you know, I link to these sites because I love them and find them useful, I haven't been paid or bribed in any way!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for including my site!! I'm still updating everyday so that is strange you don't see it. Please do a refresh when you visit and that should help. Thanks!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete